Most start-ups start small, scale and begin to grow internal manual processes can become inefficient as the workload gets larger. These processes become cumbersome and can hurt your growth in the long run if you don't put tools and systems in place to become more efficient. So, when is this important to begin to think about finding a solution?
- Company size is growing-no longer a 3 person organization, we have 20+ and need to improve communication and processes
- Companies are tasked to produce more in less time
- Customers are demanding top-notch experience when engaging with the brand at all stages
Given the above scenarios, most organizations become unorganized and inefficient if they don't address these stages. So, how do you become efficient? When moving your manual processes to the digital world by automating processes using a workflow or BPM (Business Process Automation) tool like FlowWright, companies will begin to see improvement in communication, efficiency, and process alignment company-wide.
We see a similar problem with many customers and prospects we deal with, as a start-up, things can change over night and start to do well, but quickly organizations find out that they are not:
- Compliant (audit proof)
- Don't have processes (sales, shipping, operation, etc)
- Don't have documentation to support the processes
- No trackability
What kinds of processes do companies look to put automation behind? Below we outline some of the common manual processes that get automated:
- Employee onboarding process and new hire training
- Employee vacation requests, time off approval
- Change management
- Purchase order processing
- Product management
Above are some of the key processes that we see that get automated, but there are many, many more. Once you start to automate key processes, the value is immediate and organizations begin to identify other departments, teams, and processes to put workflow automation behind. At some point, these processes begin communicating with each other and what this does is offer an all-in-one solution for companies to execute multiple processes at once. Process automation gives companies:
- Insight into any given status/workflow/process so you know where things are, where the step is currently, who approved, who didn't, etc
- Insight into who is efficient, and who is not
- Insight into what's been approved, what's not
- Insight into who is joining the company
We have seen most organizations become efficient but also perform large # of items automated rather than manually. For example, medical device company SmallBone Innovations used to process 30+ change requests a month using their manual process. After automating using FlowWright they are able to process 500+ change requests a month, but also be able to get a view into where a change request is, who approved, who rejected, all this in real-time.
Looking to improve your organization's operations and processes? Learn more about how to implement automation today using FlowWright.