Business process automation is now critical to most companies. The question many ask is should you build the workflow and integration software that you need, or should you buy it? This Buy/Build decision is extremely common. Big companies that want to apply workflow to one or more internal processes (meaning they are not building a software product to sell) often weigh whether to invest in their own proprietary software versus in-licensing. Below we discuss the options companies have when faced with finding a workflow solution.
Under European Union regulations that went into effect May 25, 2018, businesses need to implement a variety of controls and monitoring of data privacy, and they need to implement a way to do things like: 1) provide customers with an easy way to see what information they have about them, 2) provide a way to correct that information, and 3) provide a way to delete that data (sometimes known as the “right to be forgotten”). The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will make the EU’s already-strong personal privacy protections even stronger. It’s a detailed set of rules, and businesses failing to follow them can be subject to huge fines and penalties.
Sales productivity is a huge area of focus for businesses selling services and technologies. The problem is the 8% of sales reps account for nearly all the revenue and companies want following good processes to make the other 92% of sales reps effective, too. But 56% of sale enablement initiatives fail outright, with the rest falling short of goals.
At the end of each year, we all look back and look forward simultaneously: where are we, how did we get here, and where are we going?! Many of us are in such a slog all year long, that this seasonal reflection is welcome. Re-assessing what we do, why we do it, how well we do it, and how we can do it better…that is the basis for continuous improvement!
Often, leadership wants to automate a business process to increase efficiencies, make processes consistent and repeatable, ensure quality, and gain real time insight into business progress and status. But, despite the identified business need and solid justification, these proposed initiatives stall because it is very difficult to get off to a good start. It's important to organize the effort and define exactly what and how to automate the areas that need it. Below outlines the top 5 ways to organize your efforts.
CEOs are charged with growing businesses while keep existing internal and external relationships intact in the face of external competition, and changing business and regulatory environments. BPM/Workflow is something CEOs need to embrace because it will help address their biggest needs. Here are 5 needs CEOs have identified recently as their biggest concerns, and how BPM/Workflow fits in: